Saturday’s Test match between South Africa and Namibia will only be the second between the two countries in a Rugby World Cup Tournament.
Overall top scorers for South Africa against Namibia:
- Most points in a match: 35 by Percy Montgomery in 2007
- Most tries in a match: 3 each by Juan Smith and Schalk Burger in 2007
- Most conversions in a match: 12 by Percy Montgomery in 2007
- Most penalty goals in a match: 2 by Percy Montgomery in 2007
- Tendai Mtawarira, Francois Louw and Frans Steyn are the only players that have played against Namibia before.
- The total test caps for the Springbok starting line-up is 437. There are 135 caps in the backline with 302 caps amongst the forwards. On the bench there are a further 272 caps.
- The average caps per player in the backline are 19, the forwards 38 while the players on the bench average 34.
- The average age of the starting fifteen is 28.
- Tendai Mtawarira (12 caps), Frans Steyn (11 caps) and Francois Louw (11 caps) are the only players who are playing in their third Rugby World Cup and they are also the only players who have played against Namibia before.
- Elton Jantjies can reach 50 career conversions as well as 50 career penalty goals, should he kick two conversions and one penalty goal in this Test match.
- The referee is Mathieu Raynal of France. This will be his 24th Test match as a referee. His first and only Test match involving South Africa was on 11 June, 2016 against Ireland at DHL Newlands in Cape Town. The Springboks lost that match 20-26.
- The Assistant referees are Nic Berry of Australia and Andrew Brace of Ireland while Graham Hughes, from England, will be the TMO.